The signature Jordy Smith Futures Fins are designed for medium sized surfers in a thruster template. This new fin template has been refined and tested with Jordy in all conditions.
The honeycomb construction distributes the flex through the core of the fin. The extra rake that runs through to a thinner tip allows medium sized surfers to perform powerful smooth turns. These fins offer release when needed with the ability to apply pressure to release the fins off the top. The Jordy Smith Medium Thruster template is perfect for high performance surfing with lots of speed and drive.
The Jordy Smith Medium is the scaled down version of the South African powerhouse’s Large signature fin. Suited for all conditions, the Jordy Medium comes in honeycomb material, giving the fin a medium flex pattern. The template’s wider base provides drive during bottoms turns, the rake is designed to provide hold through Jordy’s powerful carves while a refined tip allows for release in the lip.
- Size: Medium (65kg - 88kg)
- Template: Jordy Smith Thruster
- Dimensions: Height 4.54" Base 4.59" Area 14.85"
- Base: Wider base ; Lots of release at the top
- Honeycomb: A lightweight hexagonal core gives these fins the feel of glass-ons. Engineered with a medium flex pattern, these are stiffer than Blackstix but more flexible than fiberglass
- Flatfoil: Flat foiled fins break free sooner, and are better at controlling speed. Often surfers prefer them in fast powerful surf where they do not need to create additional speed. If you have muscle memory from riding glass-ons, flat foiled fins will feel the closest